Be at work the next day healthily and peaceful!
Nilay Paralik Occupational Health and Safety Unit was established with the leadership, by the founders of the company, Nilay Nizam Paralik, who is an Industrial Engineer and an authorized OHS specialist.
As of July 2015, the company, Nilay Paralik Ltd.’s authorized specialists are continuing their duties with their quality and timely service understanding.
Nowadays, in accordance with the European Union harmonization laws, the Law on Occupational Health and Safety in the Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus (TRNC) was enacted/ achieved on July 14, 2008 with the law no. 35/2008 and was accredited in 2009. Since then many developments to the company have occurred.
In recent years the two main terms that we hear so often are occupational health and work safety. In all areas of our lives, the increase of awareness has arisen for many unfortunate events and unforeseen accidents that happen in work places and our daily life.
ILO, OHSAS, SGK, MoLSS have made different definitions of these terms. For us, occupational health and safety means that all employees and employers are mentally and physically "At work, at the beginning of the next day healthily and peaceful."
Our Company's main aim is to provide the highest quality service in EU norms to increase the scope of Occupational Health and Safety, improve working conditions, protect and improve the health of employees, reduce the occupational diseases and job accidents.
Reducing the risks to the lowest is our primary commitment and keeping this information up-to-date with our training and presentations that will add value to our customers in the relevant areas is our reason for our existence.
We offer trainings with experts related to the relevant fields below:
- Basic Occupational Health and Safety Training
- Emergency trainings
- Fire fighting and evacuation training
- First Aid Trainings
- Hygiene Trainings
- Quality Management Systems Training
- Subcontractor Relations Management
Occupational Health and Safety Counseling
The methods that are conducted to protect the conditions that threaten the health of the employees and the work environment and to provide a more humane condition is called work security.
Our Health and safety specialists are also responsible for ensuring that these tasks are carried out in a healthy and safe manner, and that the necessary information and professional services are provided in the framework of laws in the creation of the necessary environments.
Consultancy services provided by our companies Occupational Health and Safety Specialists:
- Preparation of risk assessment report
- Preparation of emergency action plans
- Preparation of hazard and risk assessment sheets
- Occupational health and safety personnel training
- Training in fire and first aid matters
- Establishment of company internal regulations on occupational health and safety
- Selection and supply of personal protective materials according to work
- Planning of hazardous areas
- Positioning and inspection of safety and health signs (Warning, direction and informative signs)
- Preparation of occupational health and safety manuals
- Preparation of protection documents from explosions
- Preparation of documents on working conditions and precautions to be taken for companies operating explosive, flammable and / or chemical substances
- Technical checks of the pressure vessels, boilers, compressors and lifting devices used in some of the companies
- Providing control over employees' health
- Measurement and control of grounding in electrical systems
- Ensuring that companies fulfill their legal obligations regarding occupational health and safety
Taking occupational health and safety counseling will ensure that the tools and equipment needed to help the companies achieve their goals and that they are kept in good condition and that all the necessary information for occupational safety, occupational illness identification and preventions are taken. Work efficiency and competitiveness will also increase among businesses.
The main aim of the law on occupational health and safety is to ensure that specified measures should be taken to improve the health, safety and well-being of the workplace and the employees at work.
Risk assessment reports to be performed by employers in accordance with this law is that the work that must be done in order to determine the hazards that may be present to the employees, the workplace and the environment and the precautions that must be taken against them are presented to the employer as a report.
Risk Assessment Report;
- Appointment of a representative or team member from the employees for occupational health and safety work by employers.
- Collection of general data with OHS specialists and OHS representatives
- Identification of current state predecessors
- Identification of hazards
- Identification of people at risk
- Evaluating the risks and making decisions about the acceptability of risk
- Assessment of existing measures and proposals for taking protective measures
- Overall assessment (by occupation and location).
Guidance with general data
- Changes will be made according to the results of the risk assessment report, such as planning, organization and implementation of work, including design, machinery and other equipment status, maintenance, selection and materials used, and the work related to the work done. Therefore, selection of personal protective equipment, work to ensure that maintenance and testing topics are maintained in accordance with occupational health and safety legislation and general business safety rules will be conducted.
- Measures to be taken regarding occupational health and safety,
- Studies on the precautions to be taken to investigate the causes of occupational accidents and occupational illness that occur in the workplace and to how to avoid the repetition of such events.
- The exploration of the causes of events that do not cause death or injury to the workplace, but which have the potential to harm workers, equipment, or the workplace.
All of the above are included in the risk analysis reports.
All periodic controls and checks made should be documented and archived.
Periodic Tests and Controls for Pressure Vessels
Maintenance, repair and periodical inspections of business vehicles and of equipment are made at intervals and criteria determined by the manufacturer's data are conducted according to the national and international standards.
Periodic maintenance that will be conducted to the companies’ work equipment (this can be daily, weekly, monthly, yearly and so on) is carried out by a person or persons that have been authorized by the manufacturer or by the workplace. This is determined by the relevant standards or as specified by the manufacturer. If the periodic maintenance and repairs are not determined by the manufacturer, periodic inspection of the work equipment is carried out at intervals to be determined according to the results of the risk assessment, taking into consideration factors such as the workplace atmosphere and conditions, frequency and duration use of the machinery.
Periodic Tests and Controls for Lifting-Transfer Vehicles
The purpose of periodic tests and controls of lift - transfer vehicles is to specify the minimum requirements for the health and safety of equipment to be used at the workplace.
Safety of the work equipment depends on the installation and the installation conditions. Regardless of periodical maintenance, conditions such as accidents, natural phenomena or equipment not being used for a long time; maintenance, repair, testing and controls must be re-established and documented by the authorized persons before the first use of the equipment.
When an error or fault occurs in the work equipment; the necessary maintenance, repair and
inspections should be provided by those who are authorized to carry out periodic inspections for the maintenance of health and safety conditions should be provided.
Within the context of occupational health and safety regulation, acts such as; job hygiene, sound, thermal comfort, lighting, vibration, radiation to chemical exposure, biological hazards, and so on are evaluated according to the national or international legislations.
Our company Nilay Paralik Occupational Health and Safety Unit has all laboratory work done by specialized laboratories. Some of our studies and work done to meet the customers’ needs are conducted in our unit while others are conducted in internationally qualified laboratories.
These studies are conducted according to the legal rules, the confidentiality of the customers’ personal information, and the safety principles are obtained and archived.
Emergency Action Plan
All employees, employers and customers present at the time of an emergency, or any other living thing or things present at the time of the emergency, which may result in death or be a reason for serious injuries, and which will disrupt and stop working conditions are aimed to be prevented with an Emergency Action Plan.
To prevent and avoid unpleasant situations such as failure to conduct business activities, physical and psychological damage, damage or deterioration to the financial gain of the facility, or prejudice to the injured in the business world, an emergency action plan is essential.
Emergencies that may occur include; fires, earthquake, explosions of dangerous substances, floods, extremely hot and cold situations, sabotage, social events which encounter danger are situations where urgent precautions should be taken.
Emergency Action Plans;
- Determination of emergencies against any risks that may arise in the workplace
- Identification of measures to be taken in these emergency situations
- Periodical exercise and training of how to react and behave in emergency situations
- Preparing reports on how to get a first aid, fire, evacuation, and evacuation of employees.
- Documentation of workplace emergency plans
- Identification and training of teams to intervene in emergencies
These studies above are all included in the action plans.
Planning ahead Saves Lives…
Subcontractor Relationship Management
The work load of companies may be reduced with sub-contracting companies. However, both our original employer and the sub-employer have almost the same obligations in our laws. Particularly the competition in the markets leads many businesses to buy services from outside. The main reason for businesses to follow such a strategy is to become stronger by lowering their costs and directing their own resources to the core areas of competence.
This method of defining various services from other companies is called "outsourcing". The use of contractors includes limited-value-added auxiliary work, or jobs requiring high expertise, other than the main competence areas of the enterprises.
The goal of the Nilay Paralik Occupational Health and Safety Unit is to communicate basic techniques, methods, and sectoral experiences in managing workplace subcontractor relations in an efficient and efficient manner in accordance with the right criteria and to ensure managers and human resource managers at all levels have at least minimum level of competence and knowledge in this area.
There are many reasons why large or small sized businesses willingness to work with subcontractors have increased. The presence of turn-key projects has led many companies in the abstract services sector to initiate and work on making holistic decisions with their sub-contractors. Another approach is to cope with non-economic problems such as excessive capacity, increase of labor costs, wrong management decisions, lack of communication and coordination within the company, easy courage to new investments and measurable and auditable sub-employer institutions was preferable.
Smaller enterprises resort to sub-enterprises in order to set-up a more professional management organization, to correct authorization transfer and performance appraisal.
Sub-employers (sub-contractors) are eligible to work with institutions; subcontractors are chosen in order to benefit more from their effort and partnership from external sources for vital functions such as higher efficiency, shorter lead times, higher profits, higher customer loyalty, lower inventories and this is done in exchange for a certain fee.
With the use of subcontractors, various legal rules and obligations are being developed parallel to the growth of both the sectors. Legal obligations, of the original employer and the contractor's relationship with the contractor and subcontractor are conducted according the labor law framework. Sub-employer partnerships with the main employer are sustainable through a number of supervisory controls that are held, such as reporting. They have to ensure the completion of work on time and ensure the protection of the brands, and supervision and safeguarding of their projects.
In terms of occupational health and safety, the main employer is also responsible for all employees at the sub-employer company, as well as the damage that may incur to the environment. Because of this reason, it must be made sure that it is done by a competent person or competent persons in that area. Services that are received from outside of the workplace (other than that of the companies staff), and the authorization documents should be included in the subcontracting contracts.
We prepare subcontracting contracts both in terms of subcontracted consultancy services and all information, which includes reports and training on subcontractor management as well as legal regulations.
Human health and safety for work efficiency…
What is Occupational Health and Safety (OHS)?
Occupational health and safety , 'OSH' laws, regulations, the examinations and the implementations to the briefings ensure the protection of employees as a whole.
The measures to be taken in order to prevent workers from getting into work accidents and to create a safe working environment is called "Job Security".
TRNC Occupational Health and Safety Legislation (PDF).
What is Danger?
Danger is the potential of something giving harm to something else. It is a potential source of risk that can cause disruption, injury, or death of employees and others. This may include danger to people, goods, processes; accidents, health problems, loss and damage to machines.
What is Risk?
Risk is the exposure of injury or loss; a hazard or dangerous chance. Occupational risk refers to the likelihood of experiencing a disability or illness as a result of exposure to a hazard and the severity of the disability or illness that may occur in the workplace.
Why should I do Risk Assessment?
The main objective of the Occupational Risk Assessment is to protect the health and safety of employees
- Risk assessment helps reduce the danger to a minimum and the likelihood of work-related incidents that may cause damage to the employees or the environment.
- Risk assessment provides you with protection of your business's competitive strength and effectiveness.
- According to health and safety laws, all employers are obliged to conduct risk assessments on a regular basis
You can get detailed information from our expert staff in various fields such as Occupational Health and Safety trainings, Risk analysis service, Environment measurement and Explosion protection documents.